410 Error

Jun 13, 2013 at 12:57 PM
Hi

This is a great Twitter webpart, we've been using it for awhile but it stop working.
I see yesterday/today Twitter has upgraded their Rest API

Will you be upgrading this webpart anytime soon

Thanks

this resource is gone. Used to indicate that an API endpoint has been turned off. For example: "The Twitter REST API v1 will soon stop functioning. Please migrate to API v1.1."
Jun 17, 2013 at 5:03 PM
Hi John - this is Brian at WWT, and we also would like to know if/when you upgrade the webpart to work with the new API. Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Craig and Brian,

Apologies for the delay in getting a new release available for you, but it's finally here! Please download the new wsp file and upgrade the version in your current environments.

Please keep in mind that for the new Twitter API anonymous logins are not valid, so you'll need application credentials to use the new web part. If you haven't already done obtained these credentials, I have instructions on how to do so here:
https://spsdisplaytweets.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Obtaining%20Twitter%20Authentication%20Information&referringTitle=Documentation

Thanks again for your patience! Please let me know if you have any comments or questions about the new release.
John
Jun 20, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Thanks a lot, John!

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Much appreciated John.

Last year I suggested an update in regards to the user profile image for retweets refer: Link to entry

Sorry I haven't yet tried the new wsp, but did you decide to roll up that update into your web part. Just needing to know if I should download the WSP or the new source code and apply my additional update.

Thanks again
Craig
Jun 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Just deployed to our DEV environment and I can confirm that it works great again. Thanks, sir!